Well, hello there, 2014…Havent you just appeared out of nowhere, all of a sudden.
I cannot believe that its another new year. I have to admit, i’m pretty sad to see the back of 2013, as its been a pretty good year. Although i can definitely say i’ve had my fair share of adventure this year, there are still a few things that i really wish i had done. So, this year, in order to make sure that i do everything i want to, i am making some new year resolutions.
Now, normally i don’t bother with resolutions. Mainly because it only takes me a day or 2 to break them. A few years ago i said i wasn’t going to eat meat for the whole of January – not for any other reason, other than to prove to myself that i had some sort of willpower, even if often it is buried deep, deep down within me. However, on the 2nd i completely forgot about my plans and tucked into a gorgeous meat platter and the mother in laws. I realised mid-bite, but decided id already had one bite so i might as well continue. Bye-bye willpower.
This year, however, i have vowed it will be different. I am posting my resolutions online for all to see, and will be reporting monthly on how its going with them.
So, my 2014 New Year’s resolutions are:
1. Take at least one photo every day for the whole year.
2. Go the gym at least twice a week (this one is going to be a toughie!)
3. Read at least 2 books a month (this one is probs my fave as i always say i don’t have the time, but really i just faff about too much, so i’m going to make the time!)
4. Actually start saving in my savings account (this is something i do actually do, but when there is too much month at the end of my money, i always transfer it back and end up with zero savings each month.)
5. Only drink one diet coke a day (for most this is still probably too much, but a girl’s gotta live a little!)
6. Only eat out once a week (this will also help with number 5!)
7. Blog at least once a week.
8. Have as much fun as possible.
9. Finish my novel (or at least finish the first draft – i’m willing to be flexible on this one)
10. See as much of the world as fund and work will allow.
There we have it, my new years resolutions. Some i am much more happy about than others, (i.e. 8 & 10) Its also fair to say that some contradict others ( 4 is going to be hard to do with 10!) but i am determined not to break them. At all. Unless, of course, it’s a special occasion, like, i cant really not go to someone’s birthday meal if its in the same week as another eating out engagement. Also, if Mulberry or Jimmy Choo have a sale, it make financial sense to use some of my savings to buy the shoes or bag, as if i didn’t i would spend more paying full price.
Joking aside, i know that deep down i do have willpower and this year i am going to prove that i can last a whole year without breaking any resolutions. There is only one aside, my New Year doesn’t start until January 9th as there is no way i am going to New York City, only eating out once, and not spending every single penny i have in Bloomingdales. I mean, come on, people can’t change overnight, you know and i will definitely be breaking number 8 if i did anything different than shop, shop, shop!
So, as the 9th draws closer, wish me luck – I’m gonna need it!!