Recently I saw on a blog I follow (Lifebeinggirly.com) a post called ‘Goals of Summer’ and it got me thinking about all the things I want to do. Of course, like most people, I have a Bucket List – I mean it’s not actually written down, but it is continuously growing in my head and I am worried that if I don’t start putting some of my hopes and dreams into action soon, I’m going to run out of time. (Like, I’m not planning on going anywhere just yet, but you know, there’s so much out there in the world and actually very little time in comparison.)
So I have decided to split them up into more easily measurable goals – this way I have a bit more of an impending deadline, as opposed to waiting until I, well you know, ‘kick the bucket’. (for you realists out there, I know this can in fact happen at any time – but just go with me on this one, I am trying to manage my expectations!)
So, here it goes, part one of my Bucket List: 30 things to do before I am 30:
Go to Paris.
Visit Anne Frank’s house.
. Go on the longest zip wire in Europe.
4. Have strawberries and champagne (in a posh place.)
5. Go on the London Eye.
6. Have a long weekend camping in a VW Camper Van.
7. Make my own swim wear
8. Get Cliff Richard’s autograph for my mum.
9. Make a pair of high heeled shoes.
Own a pair of Louboutin shoes. 🙂 11. Go to Vegas. 12. See the Grand Canyon.
13. Write a novel.
Have a month not in my overdraft (probably not going to happen if I do all these things!)
15. Learn how to make cakes (like proper ones – with icing and all that jazz!)
16. Have a successful blog.
17. Go on the underground trampoline.
18. Climb Ben Nevis.
19. Go to Isle of Sky.
20. Watch Top Gun.
21. Fit into my size 10 skinny jeans.
22. Be fluent in Welsh.
23. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
24. Ride on a Gondola.
25. Be a child for the day (going to Disneyland Paris counts, right?)
26. Conquer a fear (get back on the horse, literally)
27. Learn how to make cocktails (like, on a proper course!)
28. Make someone laugh so hard a little wee comes out!
29. Dance the night away.
30. Take a ride in a Hot Air Balloon
There it is, my first bucket list – so I will admit are a little ambitious. How on earth I am getting hold of Cliff Richard’s autograph is beyond me, but I will spend the next 4-and-a-bit years doing my very best to cross that and the other 29 things off my list. The whole reason I made it up Kilimanjaro was due to my stubbornness. If I set my mind to something, there is nothing that will get in my way, and I will be dammed if the very first thing to do that is Cliff bloody Richard.
Watch this space. I’ll keep you updated. 🙂