Once again I have done my usual of falling off the face of the Earth when it comes to the blogging world. It seems every time life gets a little hectic, I end up MIA! I have so many posts to edit and actually put out there it is unreal!
So here I go with the first one. My 2015 Goals – I hope that by starting at this point it might actually help when it comes to more frequent blogging!
So yes, it is 2015, a brand new year. I literally cannot believe how fast the year has gone. Actually, it is almost the end of January, so not only has the year flown by, the last month has, and once again I am a little late to the party.
Anyways, in the spirit of better late than never, I thought I would share with you my 2015 resolutions. Then I decided, what’s the point in making resolutions, as I don’t really feel any sense of guilt if I don’t stick to them. I don’t really want the year to pass me by without feeling a sense (or no sense in some cases) of achievement, so I thought maybe a better thing to do would be to set myself some goals. 15 to be precise. Its 5 more than the 10 resolutions I made last year (too many of which I definitely did not stick to), but this year I feel I have a much higher success rate, as I hate failing and if it’s a goal then I will be stubborn enough to do my damned hardest to succeed.
So here I go with my 15 goals: (starting from today I have decided, as there is no point trying to back date them, and nobody wants to be set up to fail from that start!)
- Read 52 books in 52 weeks (See 52 book challenge to check my progress)
- Tick 8 things off my Bucket List (see 30 things to do before I am 30)
- Complete my 200th scuba dive
- Drink no more than 1 Starbuck’s coffee a week (unless I am on holiday when it is allowed!)
- Update my blog once/twice a week
- Get fit (not sure how to measure this one, but ill figure something out!)
- Make an entire outfit from head to toe
- Go the gym at least twice a week (this will help with no 6.)
- Spend a month not a penny in my overdraft (buying less Starbuck will definitely help with this!)
- Save £20-£40 a month for Christmas so I am not broke in December and January (this happens every year and I never learn!)
- Say something I am happy/thankful for, for 100 days (See 100 happy days)
- Spend more time with family and friends, and less time behind my office desk
- Save an extra £1 every week and actually keep it in my savings account. (eg week 1 save £1, week 2 save £2, week 10 save £10!)
- Loose a lb a week (of the weight variety) in time for my summer holiday!
- Live life to the full (not so much a measurable target, but this should be a life goal for everyone)
Now I’ve made my goals I have to stick with them! Like anything, some will be easier than others. But as usual I will keep you updated with my progress! Or at least I say I will…
So, I guess I better decide which 8 things I am going to tick of my bucket list, whilst driving to the gym, before updating my blog and putting some money in my saving account, and eating my delicious and nutritious salad of course…because I am totally not still sat behind my office desk, wishing I was going out for a takeaway!